Sunday, April 19, 2009

What are good examples of retail customer service?

Hi, I just moved up from a stock manager position at my shoe store to a regular sales associate for 4 weeks only...then it%26#039;s back to the hellhole until a new store opens in September.





I%26#039;m having a ROUGH time with customers. I dress appropriately, I smile, I say %26quot;Hi, welcome to __________%26quot; but there are probably many things I%26#039;m not doing to make customers feel comfortable and want to buy stuff. With women shoppers I%26#039;m absolutely terrible. I%26#039;ve noticed this: The men will walk straight into the store, respond to my hello and browse through the selection. Women on the other hand will hardly respond to my hello or immediately manuever to the side of the store upon entering. Why does this happen? I smile, I have a relaxed posture with hands behind back or resting in front.





What can I do to help customers feel right at home? I watched one of my co-workers (a vet) work his magic..he lets them browse, then walks up. I follow that pattern, but customers always say %26quot;I%26#039;m just looking.%26quot; C%26#039;mon

What are good examples of retail customer service?
Well the reason women are moving %26quot;away%26quot; from you, especially in a SHOE store, my friend - Is because we know our shoes!! We know what we like, and the ONLY time, really, we%26#039;ll want your help is when we%26#039;ve made a selection and need you to find our size. So don%26#039;t hover around or over customers, or directly towards them. Subtley be on the lookout for people who are almost finished... - then you could pretend to %26#039;pass by%26#039; and ask if you can be of assistance! - Trust me, I%26#039;m a women with many pairs of shoes!


The men (if they are there with the women) couldn%26#039;t care less what you%26#039;re doing. Be nice and chat them up, though - often THEY are the ones paying! LOL - If a man is shopping alone - He will need help - most often - but stay in the background, again. People need to make their own shoe style choices.


- For the commission - and so as not to come off as %26#039;aggressive%26#039; - Don%26#039;t stare, hover - or do anything unless you see a need or see the customer *smiling* - THAT means She/He has found the right Style and now needs you to ring it up or find the size!! Good Luck....You just might stay on top with this advice...:-) C
Reply:The answer to %26quot;I%26#039;m just looking,%26quot; is some variant of, %26quot;I%26#039;ll be right here if you need me.%26quot; There%26#039;s a fine line between being available if needed, and hovering. (Girls have to learn it all the time!)





Basically, you want the customer to feel free to look without being spied on, but able to find you when/if she has a question or wants to try something on. Like the perfect waiter; he%26#039;s always there if you want him, but he doesn%26#039;t barge into your conversation to ask if everything%26#039;s okay.



military loans

No comments:

Post a Comment